What's new in August 2018?
- FICO Xpress Workbench, FICO Xpress Mosel & FICO Xpress Solver are now available for Mac OS.
- FICO Xpress Insight is now part of the FREE FICO Xpress Community License!
Are you a student, academic, operations researcher, data scientist, business analyst or solution developer? Are you looking to solve highly complex problems with mathematical modeling and optimization tools used by some the world’s most efficient companies? Now you can develop, model and deploy the same industry leading FICO Xpress Optimization software that is used by enterprises such as Southwest Airlines, Honeywell & Nestle, free of charge.
As part of its commitment to supporting the broader advanced analytics community, and to encourage adoption of mathematical modeling and optimization tools, FICO created the Xpress Community License, available to everyone. In addition to a starter version of Xpress Solver, the Xpress Community License grants perpetual rights to a fully featured and completely unlimited use license for Xpress Mosel, our market-leading analytic orchestration, optimization modeling, and programming language. Watch our Xpress Mosel Tutorial Series to learn more! As of August 2018, a limited version of Xpress Insight is also included. To download the software, please fill out the form to the right of this page.
Get the Software
To download the software, please fill out the form below, and click submit.
Xpress Optimization enables users to easily build, deploy and use optimization models, services & solutions that meet their needs. Standard capabilities include scalable high-performance solvers & algorithms, flexible modeling languages and development environments, rapid application development, comparative scenario analysis & reporting capabilities, for on-premises and cloud installations.
NEW! Xpress Insight – Turn your optimization models into software applications
Due to the strong demand for the Community License and for new features, we’ve added a Windows-only version of Xpress Insight. This software enables businesses to rapidly deploy optimization models and other advanced analytics as powerful business applications. It provides teams with a collaborative environment, designed for business users and domain experts to work with models in easy-to-understand terms and with interactive visualizations, allowing them to run scenarios that account for trade-offs and sensitivities implicit in the business problem.
For more information, please review the product sheet.
- To express your problem, we recommend that you use the mathematical modeling, programming and analytics orchestration language FICO Xpress Mosel. This license grants perpetual rights to a fully featured and completely unlimited use license to FICO Xpress Mosel.
- You can also use Xpress BCL (Builder Component Library) for modelling within your preferred programming language (C++, Java, .NET), or using the direct APIs for Python, C/C++, Java, .NET.
- The Xpress Solvers support the following problem types: LP, MIP, QP, MIQP, QCQP, MIQCQP, SOCP, MISOCP, NLP, MINLP.
- For developing models, we recommend that you use the new FICO Xpress Workbench technology. You can also use the well-established Xpress-IVE or your tools of choice.
- Xpress Mosel always supports unlimited problem sizes regardless of the edition or the version you are using.
- The Xpress Solvers included in the Xpress Community License are limited in problem size. In this edition, the sum of the number of rows (constraints) and columns (variables) is restricted to 5,000. The number of nonlinear tokens (measure of the complexity for nonlinear expressions) is restricted to 1000 and the number of user functions (black box optimization) is restricted to 1.
- While this license provides a fully functioning version of Xpress Insight, including rapid application creation and deployment using VDL, it is limited to one individual, it does not provide Tableau integration, and all execution work must occur on the same machine
- All components of the Community License (Xpress Insight, Xpress Workbench, Xpress Mosel, Xpress Solver) are available on Windows. Xpress Solver, Xpress Mosel, and Xpress Workbench are available on Mac OS. For a full overview of different FICO Xpress Optimization licensing options, please visit our licensing summary page.
Visit the FICO Optimization Community to learn more about what you can do with Xpress, download software trials, get support and talk to the experts!