Request to become part of the FICO Academic Partner Program
FICO has put together a special program for degree awarding academic institutions which academics and their students may use for educational purposes. In addition, academics may use Xpress for research and consulting activities.
There are two levels of membership, Standard and Premium. The Standard 1 year membership is free provided the program terms and conditions are met. The Premium membership grants additional benefits for a small charge of £400/$800/€600 per 2 year membership period. The benefits conferred by both are listed below.
Application for membership or renewal should be made by a faculty member.
If you are requesting an extension to your existing institutions' Academic Partnership Program contract, then please click on the link below.
Academic Partners Program Renewal Request
Standard 1 year membership
- 10 individual PC licenses and a department wide floating. Each license includes Xpress-Optimizer ( including MIP, Barrier, Network, Parallel algorithms and Java API ), Xpress-Mosel ( including IVE editor, ODBC and Oracle connectors, XAD ) and Xpress-Kalis. Licenses are available for any supported platform including 64bit operating systems.
- Always Current: Licenses may be updated to the latest release during the APP period. So you can always be using the most up-to-date version of Xpress.
- Right to print/copy all manuals for teaching and research.
- Copy of teaching material to use/copy/adapt for teaching purposes.
- Right for full-time Academics to use APP licenses for research. FICO and Xpress must be acknowledged.
- Right for full-time Academics to use APP licenses for consulting. FICO and Xpress must be acknowledged and customer contact information must be disclosed to FICO.
Premium 2 year membership
- All of the benefits of the Standard membership. Email support/help to one nominated contact.
Terms and Conditions
- APP licenses cannot be used for commercial or commercially-funded purposes except consulting.
- All licenses requested under this program must be requested at the same time.
- Licenses are non-transferable and are for degree awarding institutions only.
- The nominated academic contact must complete a brief report at the end of each membership period stating course(s); numbers of students; consulting projects; research projects; and papers on which Xpress has been used.
- License renewal is conditional upon receipt of an annual report and fulfilling commitments above.
- FICO reserves the right to:
- change the terms of the program without notice,
- refuse applications,
- not renew licenses
* All fields are required